Massage can help prevent new tension lines and wrinkles
from appearing. Massage does this by relaxing the muscles and by stimulating the blood
vessels under the skin.
Before starting the massage, cleanse your face thoroughly.
Now follow the procedure described below. Use basic movements - stroking, pinching and
- Start by stroking the whole face. Use both hands and work up
the neck, out across the cheeks, then glide gently inwards, work up and out over the
forehead. Finish by applying gentle pressure to the temples.
- Stimulate the skin by using the back of your hands and
loosely rolling your fingers up the cheek. This can also be used on the neck and under the
- With your thumb and forefinger, gently pinch the skin along
the jawbone and under the chin. This is very stimulating and helps prevent a double chin.
- To release tension around the eyes, firmly squeeze the
eyebrows with your thumb and forefinger. Always work from the bridge of the nose towards
- For tension in the neck and shoulders make firm circular
movements working up either side of the neck then out across the shoulders.
Next Topic: Sports Massage
Related Topic: Massage - Precautions/ Contra-Indications